Store Manager (Full Time)
Location: 1380 Queen St E., Toronto, Ontario
Status: Currently accepting applications
Start date: Start date is flexible but ideally sometime in late May/early June
Hours: This is a salaried position, based on 35-40 hours per week, working regular hours of approximately 9:30-5pm Monday-Friday, on call as needed evenings and weekends.
Looking to join a small, neighbourhood retail business where you can make an impact? Are you good with people, numbers and attention to detail?
We're looking to hire a Store Manager to oversee daily operations of the store, maximizing efficiency and customer service. You must be an entrepreneurial self starter with a passion for retail.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ordering and administration
- Weekly product inventory and sales tracking to place orders in a timely and accurate manner to minimize out of stock or overstocked products
- Keep inventory numbers up to date by conducting regular spot checks and overseeing the store’s annual physical inventory count
- Ensure deliveries are verified against invoices and received properly, and products are stored appropriately
- Coordinate with suppliers to address discrepancies or quality issues and request credits
- Monitor expiry dates and product freshness to ensure product quality and avoid food waste
- Work with bookkeeper to ensure invoices are filed as needed
- Handle cash and cash deposits
- Monitoring online orders and updating website as needed
- Oversee social media accounts & marketing strategy
- Staff Management
- Oversee opening and closing tasks
- Delegate and assign daily tasks to store staff
- Creating staff schedules and documenting hours worked for payroll
- Hiring and train new staff as needed, providing feedback and performance reviews
- Motivate staff, ensure good morale and high performance
- Customer service
- Provide a smooth customer experience: ensure that shelves and bins are well stocked, product and price labels are properly displayed, carts and utensils are available to customers at all times, etc.
- Ensure a consistent and high level of customer service: interact with and advise customers on our products, the process for refilling, answer questions and offer solutions
- Fulfil customers’ requests and special orders
- Mitigate and resolve customer concerns and complaints
- Health, food safety, work safety
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the entire store
- Provide a safe and clean environment in compliance with laws, regulations and internal procedures
- Ensure that health, food and work safety rules are enforced by every team member
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Friendly and outgoing, good customer service skills
- Proficiency with Excel, understanding of sales margins, ability to analyze sales reports and inventory numbers
- Ability to analyze sales trends, performance of individual products and propose specials and discounts
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to organize staff, delegate tasks and follow up on their completion
- Excellent work ethic and team spirit
- Passion and interest in reducing waste, ‘Bring Your Own Container’ refilling, and willingness to learn more
Physical Requirements and Certifications
- Food Handler’s Certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to employment)
- Emergency First Aid & CPR C (or willingness to obtain prior to employment)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to work 8-hour shifts, standing and walking 6-8 hours, wearing a mask at all times
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs up and down stairs
- Prior experience in grocery/food/retail, management experience preferred
$40,000-50,000 starting salary, based on previous experience
- In-store staff discount on all products
- 2 weeks accrued paid vacation
Sound like a good fit? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Store Manger” with your resume and cover letter.
Urban Bulk & Refill is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion.
Thank you in advance for your interest and time in applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.